7 days of Prayer and Fasting

Last holy week I went on 7 days of prayer and fasting.

Unlike what most people do I still eat during the holy week. 
I decided to have a different fasting. I went offline for 7 days (no Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) and didn't watch too much TV. I didn't eat any meat, chips/junkfood, chocolates, cakes and anything sweets. I also didn't drink soft drinks and stay away from the usual coffee that I buy :)

I am glad that during holy week we are encourage by our community to go on fasting. I have been doing this for 3 years now. 


We are even given guide and prayer booklet to use as a reference.

This is my post in Instagram to inform my family and friends that I will be offline.
During this fast I spent most of my time reading, praying and journalling.I would like to share with you what I did during my art journalling. 
“FOR YOU”    
Those two words described the ultimate purpose and beneficiary of His gruesome death. Those two words consumed Him on His way to Calvary that included several suffering-filled sidetrips. Those two words convinced Him that it was all worth it.
       Arrested for you. Mocked for you. Spat on for you.

       Scourged for you. Crowned with thorns for you. Humiliated for you.

       Crucified for you. Pierced for you. Died for you.

       All because He loves you.
This was taken from Didache. It was the daily reading on April 3.

This is the main reason for this season. Jesus died for us so that we can live. if you still doubt the love of Jesus; just look at the cross.

I hope that everyone had a meaningful holy week.


The best way to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus is to attend the Grand Easter Feast at MOA Arena.

The theme for this year's Grand Easter Feast is Forever because indeed 
GOD IS OUR FOREVER.


Have a great weekend everyone :)

Comments