An Afternoon of Learning and Meeting New People - Blissful Blogging Workshop

One of the goals that I written in my journal when this year started was to have my own blog. I have been contemplating and planning to have one 2 years ago but I cannot find the perfect time. I have listed articles that I wanted to write and even planned a design for my blog but then 2 months after the new year started and I havent started anything.

Then one day while I was writing on my journal and doing my usual art journal I saw a card that I got from the memory keeping workshop that I attended. I posted the card in my journal and took a picture of it and posted it on Instagram. It just a few days before my birth month and I wrote on my Instagram post that I will write a reflection about turning a year old. Then that is when Carmel commented on my post and asked me to share the link to her. 

I met Carmel at the memory keeping workshop that I attended last September 2014 then we started following each other in Instagram and one day while I was searching for an article about work when I stumbled upon her blog. She wrote about dealing with burnout and I said to myself that the article was very helpful with what I was dealing that time. I commented on her post and asked me if I have a blog, I said I dont have one but I would want to have one then she said "gawa ka na"
One day she added me on Facebook and she was inviting me to an event that she is collaborating with Audrey. I was flattered that Carmel was inviting me because during that time I just written the first few articles in my blog.  Too bad I wasn't able to attend, it was my sister's birthday but I was very grateful with her invitation.

Last May I saw the photo that she posted on her Instagram about the Blissful Blogging Workshop that she will be doing then she sends me a message to invite me to join in the workshop. No more thinking and I said Yes. I was so excited even if the event if it will be 1 month before it will happen.

Thank you Carmel for inviting me and for encouraging me to start my own blog. :)

So much of the introduction. Hihihi. Let me share to you the details of the workshop that was held last June 28 at this very nice and cozy place. The cafe is a good place for book lover's like me. The place is called Tweedle Book Cafe. It is located along Sct. Gandia


I came in to the place too early so I had a chance to check some of their books and I got to taste their food. They have a wide variety of books. I will definitely visit this place again even if it is far from home. :)
I wasn't able to take much pictures but thanks to Audrey for sending the pictures from this event. I am using it for this blog entry.


I was so kilig to see my name and blog on this board. :)
 The workshop was conducted by Martine de Luna. She is a blog coaching guru and the creator of the make it blissful community. This is the 2nd time that I am meeting her and attended her workshop

The workshop started by introducing ourselves and sharing the things that we are passionate about. Then Martine shared how to build a meaningful blog. She taught us how create our blog's worldview.

We had a group activity. Go go go Team Learning Junkie. I had fun sharing my thoughts and brainstorming with these ladies. We didn't win in the activity but we are proud of what we came up with.

Team Learning Junkie with Martine and Audrey


It was an afternoon well spent and I was so happy meeting new people whom I now consider as friends. You know whenever the ladies are together the chikahan never stop.:)
It was nice meeting you Ellen, Aline, GladysKara and Diana. See you again soon!

There was also raffle of goodies from the sponsors. I didn't win in the raffle but I got to take home these loot bag that is full of cute little things and of course after this photo I immediately ate the cake. Yummy.

Thanks again Audrey and Carmel for organizing this workshop. You really look like sisters.

I am so excited to see what I will come up with what I learned from this workshop. This is just a beginning of my journey in blogging blissfully.

Comments

  1. Hi Fhely,

    I like your story about how you started out in your blogging journey and leading to this post. People reading this will be inspired by it and I'm sure would want to have their own blog, too.

    Thank you for sharing the pictures from our Blissful Blogging Workshop. It was wonderful meeting you and the rest of the girls Aline, Gladys, Kara and Diana. Yup, I think it's a good idea .. the Team Learning Junkie. It sounds like a fantastic collaborative project. I hope we can get to discuss it further when us girls meet up next.

    Take care and best regards.
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellen, thank you so much. Yup, maybe we can do collaboration in the future. You can be a guest blogger on my blog and I can do the same for your blog. :)

      Hope to see you soon :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Fhely! Nice to read your post. Same here, my blogging journey is way too overdue. And i'm glad I attended and was inspired on the blissful blogging workshop and met you all. I can't wait to see you Team Learning Junkie soon. Let's do this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kara :-)

    I came back here wanting to read more posts from Fhely... imagine my surprise to see you here too. Great! Oh yes, let's do this Team Learning Junkie soon.

    By the way, Fhely, anytime you're ready to guest blog on my blog -- Let me know. :-) You're more than welcome.

    Oh Kara, how bout doing the same, too? That would be lots of fun. And I can't wait to see your blog started soon. Good luck! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment