My Second Family

Last Thursday was just a usual day at the office but what made it special was what happened after office work.

From Monday to Friday, I spent 8 hours at work there are even days that I am working for 10 hours. If there is one thing that I am grateful for - it is to be working with these crazy, beautiful and awesome bunch of people. One thing that I am looking forward to going to work everyday is the fact that I will see them and we will be working as a team. I have been working in the same company for almost 10 years but its just only 2 years when I joined this team.

I feel so blessed I have work mates that I can also consider as my friend and family. Last Thursday, we decided to have an afternoon bonding. One of my team mates will be celebrating her birthday the next day and 2 of them are currently assigned in our other office. Also, one of our team mates who resigned a year ago decided to pay us a visit so we decided that this is the perfect time to bond together.

Meet my team mates (from Left to Right) - Ivan, Argel, Me, Liberty, Prell, Irene and Liz (our Supervisor). We are not complete in this photo. There are still 3 team mates who were not able to join us.
And because most of us are girls we all decided that we should eat somewhere where our body and soul will be nourished and of course a good place for picture taking. We had our afternoon session a.k.a chikahan and some work related meeting at Vanilla Cupcake and Bakery in High Street BGC.



I love everything about this place and everything is Pinterest worthy. I feel so belong. I can stay here everyday. They are know for their pastries and cupcakes but they are also offering yummy and hearty meals.



When I went home that night I had realizations and my heart was filled with so much gratitude. I realized that I maybe working somewhere else probably earning much more but I decided to stay because I love the people that I am working with. 

Of course nothing is perfect we would have our fair share of not so good days, super busy days, tampuhan and minsan inis but at the end of the day we would realize that what sets us apart from the other teams or departments is that we believed that we can only achieve success if we work as a team. Teamwork has always been our best asset.

I was grateful because at the end of day more than anything - we are friends. Some of us share the same passion and hobby. We talk anything and everything under sun because we are all from different walks of life. We became sensitive enough to identify if someone is going through something. We always encourage everyone and celebrate our milestones.

I never know when are we going to stay this way. That is why everyday I savor the moment and thank the Lord for bringing these people into my life.


This quote became very true when I met them.


Thank you team for making everyday special even if it is just a normal day. I love all of you. Now I need to stop na kasi I am getting emotional na. (tissue please..hahahaha)


How about you, how do you describe your friends or your team mates? Please feel free to share or comment. 


Have a great weekend everyone.


(The photo of the quote was from Pinterest)

Comments