Embracing Changes

It is so good to be back writing. I was MIA for the past weeks because I got busy at work and with a lot of other things in my life. The busyness was also a good thing because I was able to share my time, talent and treasure.

In a few days, this month will end and the BER month is coming... I am so excited for Christmas. 
But first let me reflect on the things that happened during the past weeks - the things that I learned and things that I have discovered about myself.

This past few weeks was all about embracing changes. Having an open heart and mind to certain things that I have been trying to refuse. One of the major changes that I encountered is change in the ways how I see things. Let me explain that briefly. Three months ago, I was given a new task at work that is totally new to me. For the past years, I was dealing with Customer Service/Experience aspect of the certain campaigns that I was assigned to, but 3 months ago I was transferred to support a sales campaign. It was totally new world for me, the CS in me would always rule over my decisions and how I do my work, but then I knew I can do this task so everyday for the past few weeks I made a decision to welcome the changes. I tried to learn and understand the current process. This made me aware of the everyday goal of the campaign. I also tried to see things on a different perspective; after all our main goal everyday is closed as much sales as we can while providing quality products and good service.
So, I was happy to know that I can still apply my expertise in Customer Service.

But, I guess that most challenging on my part is the relationship that was changed during this 3 month. I sometimes find myself missing the people or the team that I have worked in the past few years. There are days that I would say to myself that I wish a certain colleague was here because I am pretty sure she would know how to handle this situation or I wish she didn't transfer to the other team because she should know this process. A lot of if's and wishes but then I realized that change is bound to happen. Certain things, relationships, friends and processes will change over time. Everyone is meant to grow and bloom and I realized that it will not happen if we are stuck to do the same thing everyday.

So today, I want to thank God to all the things that happened in the past few weeks. It made me a better version of myself with all the experiences that I learned and still learning as the day goes by.

With the new month that is coming; I know that better things are coming. It does not necessarily mean that I will no longer experience challenges, difficulties and pot holes. These things will always be present in our lives because they serve a purpose.

I am excited to welcome the BER month not only because the Christmas countdown will begin but because the best is yet to come.

How about you what are the things that you are looking forward to the coming months.

Comments