Missing my Papa

It's been a month since we visited my dad in the province. It's been 11 years since he joined our creator just a month after his 58th birthday. 

During the last few days at the hospital bed and a few visits with his favorite cousin, he would always say that whatever happens he would want to go home to the place where he grew up. This is the main reason why we traveled to Ilocos as much as we can every year to visit him.

Many times, I would wonder what life would be like and what he would be doing if he was with us. These are what I came up with.

1. He is busy tending to his own garden. He would probably stay more often in the province than in the metro. His past time would be planting root crops or any plant that he would want to. I always know that he has a green thumb.

2. Now that I am working on a day shift; every morning he would be waiting for me to get ready for work while drinking his cup of coffee and reading his newspaper. He would accompany until I can ride on the jeep going to work.

3. This is related to reason # 2. He would own a smart phone but not the most recent models. He just need to ensure that he can always contact us whenever we are out of the house. So most likely after a few minutes of riding the jeep going to work my dad would send me a message asking if I am already at work. :)

4. He would be a super protective dad and would probably ask our suitor (me and my Ate) to fill up a form that has all sort of questions that we wouldn't know where he got from. This is to ensure that he would know what type of person our suitors would be. Hihihi

5. Every Sunday, will be a happy family day wherein we will cook all his specialty and to name some that is - Pakbet, Dinengdeng, Inihaw na Pusit, Liempo at Bangus and my favorite is Calderetang Kambing. Yummy :)
The family day would probably be extra special specially now that I have my 2 super cute nieces - Samara and Dominique. They would be super spoiled by their Lolo.

6. We would enjoy shopping or anything basta galaan. I remember when we are still young my dad would always say to us that once we got to work and earn our own money we can buy anything that we want because he will not require us to give him and my mom money. He said that it is our hard money and we can spend it anyway we want. 

7. The TV would always be tuned to the sports channel. His favorites would be basketball and boxing.

8. He would probably constantly bug me as to when I will get married. Hahaha

9. He would always have my uncles which are his cousins at home. They would have their regular drinking sessions. They will no longer get too drunk as they are when they are still young but instead they will use it as a time to bond together and reminisce the wonderful memories during the good old days.

10. He would finally ask me to teach him about Facebook and how it works. He will join the bandwagon of #Aldub fanatics. Hahaha


When we visited last month we just had a simple celebration. We visited his grave, brought fresh flowers and offered a prayer. And then we had a sumptuous lunch under the tree while eating the food that was cooked by my uncle, his youngest brother.

How I wish that he was with us in Ilocos. I am sure that it will be a very happy celebration and lot of selfies too. (He needed it for his Facebook profile picture)

We missed him everyday but I know that he is having a great time in Heaven celebrating and always watching over us.

Thank you Papa for everything. We love you :)

Comments