Christmas Party x Craft Swap

Exactly one month ago today, I attended the Christmas Party of Craft Party PH and we had a craft swap.


It was sort of a culmination of all of the workshops that we all attended because the participants are the attendees of the workshops. It was my first time to join a craft swap and did I enjoy it.  Everyone was asked to prepare 5 handmade gifts. We are to make similar or completely different items and we need to wrap them as creatively as we want.
And because I somehow liked the idea of cramming, the night before the craft swap I was exchanging viber messages with Mia of Juice Hut because we are still working on our handmade gifts. :)

This is what I came up with, I created an inspirational fabric banner, clay tags and bracelets. For some reason, I was so nervous. I was thinking whether the person who will receive my gifts would like it, but I am glad that they did. :)

The Craft Swap was held at Cafe Sanso. It was just outside the art museum where the craft party was held. It was a night of laughter (Thanks to Anne who shared that because she became so addict in making rubberstamps she do it even while she is lying down. Hahaha), sharing stories (our journeys of discovering our passion for doing handmade things and our love for crafts), food and of course chikahan (we are all ladies, and it is a must. hahaha)

Learning about Craft Party PH and attending their workshops is one of the biggest blessings that I had in 2015. My passion for doing crafts was revived and I had the opportunity to meet so many wonderful people (some I eventually became friends with) and most importantly I was inspired by these ladies to continue pursuing the things that I am passionate about. I can also say na nabawasan na ang pagiging mahiyain ko. Sometimes, I would ask myself, ako ba talaga ito? - Umattend ng workshop magisa at nakikipagkwentuhan sa katabi ko. Hahahaha

Craft Party PH is not just about the workshops, it became a community. For me, its a sort of family. It is a positive force that encouraged me to be more creative, to do very thing that I would like to receive and give as a gift and also to be more giving. Again, thank you so much Mia and Nica for accepting me as intern. You are God's answer to one of my prayers.
 
 These are the gifts that I received. Thank you so much ladies
Gift Tags from Kim Pasion
Craft Bag from Karla of Kraft Kart
Turband from Andie of Biscuits Kids
Clay Tags from Dianne
Soap from Kate of Kate Baked Cookies
and one of the most favorite gift was the hanging decor from Kirsten




Let's have another craft swap in Valentine's, please. :)

Comments