Reading List - July

Its been raining the past few days and while the rest doesnt like this weather, I actually took advantage of the time to read the books I bought during the Fully Booked sale.

I started reading this book a few days ago and was able to finish it during the weekend. I am really not good in doing a book review but let me just share what I liked about these books.

The author Merle Cruz - Jayme is an ex-nun turned an award winning advertising executive.


What I loved about this book is that she defined what type of creative I am - Many friends taught that I was born with a creative talent, but the truth is I am an accidental creative or as Merle said a learning creative. Because of some experiences, circumstances and influence I started to be into arts and crafts. I treat everyday as an opportunity to learn and explore new things. Merle shares creatips and basic exercises how to hone the gift of creativity. As she said, "this book is for the creative in all of us"
This is my favorite creatip. This summarizes what I learned in the church community and how I applied it on my daily life. 
For me it is proven and tested that the way to battle negative thoughts and feelings is to keep a positive mindset. Always see the beauty in the mundane. Be grateful for whatever it is, knowing that things will get better. I know there are days that it will not be easy to stay positive. When things get tough, I always ask God for His grace and mercy.

The next on my reading list was this book authored by a Pinay who is an accomplished make up artist in the US. Ano ba naman yung si JLo and Beyonce as regular clients nya. 😊

What I loved about this book is that she gave practical advices and at the same time inspirational message that is rooted from a good upbringing. She shared her experiences and life lessons from the time that she was just starting with her craft, up until she fulfilled her dream. I am a visual person that is why I liked that showed illustrations. I will find a way to purchase some of her products and have it shipped here in Manila.

I will now declare myself as one of the #Mallynista 🙌🙌🙌
Thank you Mally and Mally Beauty

How about you what is on your reading list? 

Have a great weekend. Do not forget to spread some love and positivity wherever you go 😘🌞

Comments