It's a mail swap

I can no longer remember the last time that I actually received a snail mail. Since the beginning of the digital age, I remember getting greetings or notifications through a wall post, an email, e-card or a message via different messaging app so imagine my delight when we were invited by the very creative and one of my craft inspiration, Nica to join in a mail swap.

This was the instruction given to the participants and I was so excited because there was theme for the mail swap - and it is "Favorite Movie Lines"
We are to share our favorite quotes from the movie/s we love and it's totally up to us how we want to deliver the message. The only rule is that it's handmade and handwritten. 

So the moment I knew it about it, I thought how I will execute this mail swap. I gathered my favorite lines from my current favorite movies and then I came up with an idea that I will make 3 postcards for each participant. I created postcards inspired by my favorite animated film/cartoons, English and a Tagalog movie. 

I narrowed down my movie selection to the following:

Animated Film
  • Up
  • Nemo
  • Tangled
Hollywood Film
  • Rumor Has It
  • 13 Going on 30
Tagalog Film
  • That Thing Called Tadhana
  • Achy Breaky Heart
  • Bride for Rent

I remember when I was kid and my mom was still working overseas, it makes me super happy and excited whenever we received her letters. This way too long ago :)
My sister and I would even quarrel as to who will open the letter. The mail is not just a letter, but it also meant that we got to hear my mom's stories as well as answer to some of our questions. 
So imagine my excitement when I got home from work and learned that I got my first mail.


I did not only receive mail, there were some participants who gave some of their paper products. Thank you so much for adding things to my craft stash.

 
 


During this mail swap, I felt that there were times that letter I received was an answered prayer or a way for God to deliver a message to me. The mail came in at the right time and the words on it spoke wisdom and profound things. 

Thank you so much ladies for sharing your heart to me, I hope you liked what I sent and I hope that this is not the last time that I will be swapping letters with you.

Comments