Something to Write On

The first month of the new year will end in just a few days. How have you been doing and what are the things you have accomplished in the past few days? 
I hope that whatever those things were, it made you happier and closer to reaching your dreams.

Today, let me share with you the planners/journals that I am using and how do I document the important things in my life.

As far as I can remember I have always been fond of notebooks and planners. I remember a point in my life where I would collect notebooks, but would rarely use them. I just wanted to look at them and keep them as long as I can.

And then a few years ago, coffee shops started this planner thing. I just suddenly found myself collecting stickers during the holiday season in order to get that planner. There was even a year that I almost collected all the colors of the planner. Silly me :)
In 2015 when I got the planner after collecting stickers (and having coffee almost everyday) I decided to do something valuable about it.

I learned about art journalling. You can check one of my previous post here.

So this year, I decided to try this The Giving Journal 2016 from Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf

The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® hopes to give flavorfully this season in ways that warm the soul as much as the body. As a way to encourage its community to brew their best years, The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® will be releasing a new edition of The Giving Journal. It is a journal designed to inspire each individual to pursue their passions and find meaning and fulfillment in everyday moments, while at the same time providing them with the opportunities to give back by helping others.

What I liked about this journal is it has a lot of space to write on and I also liked the color. This journal will be used as an art journal and this is also where I write my plans and dreams for this year. It is sort of my everything planner. 
I will write another post to show what is written inside

I also got this A Line a Day Journal as a Christmas gift. I was delighted when I got them.
On the first day of 2016, I wrote my life message for 2016. It is to become fearless and confident and on the 2nd day I wrote about my guiding quote for this year.

This journal was a passion project of Rica Peralejo
"Then I thought, perhaps, if I diligently recorded at least one line a day, scribbled it somewhere, sometime in my busy day, it might not be so hard. To not have to fill a whole page, to not to be pressured to capture a stream of things running through my head, but to focus only on one line, a sentence to pen, of at least a thought each day that I consider truly worth keeping. HENCE THIS JOURNAL PROJECT CALLED, A LINE A DAY 2016. 
And just like what Rica said, I am using this journal to record important things and milestones that happened on that day in just one sentence. I find that doing this exercise makes me focus on the things that truly matter.


This one serves as my gratitude journal. Every night before I go to sleep, I write about at least 3 things that I am grateful about that day. It can be as simple as going home early from work, free lunch/dinner or super light day at work to an answered prayer. Anything that I am grateful for on that day.

I noticed that this helps me to sleep more peacefully at night. I sleep with delight and wake up with excitement.



Right now, I just have these 3 journals but I might add as soon as I needed it. :)



I remember what my sister told me when she saw me writing on my 2 journals, she said "Alam mo sis mas marami ka pang notebooks kesa sa mga estudyante." and I responded by saying "Yes, and mas marami pa akong sinusulat sknila. Hahahaha"


How about you what planners/journals are you using this year?

Comments